About Dr. Chris Thurber
A graduate of Harvard University, Dr. Thurber has learned and taught at schools and camps for more than 45 years. He grew up in Maine, where he attended public school and three different day camps. He earned his PhD in clinical psychology from UCLA before completing an internship and postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Washington School of Medicine and Seattle Children’s Hospital. Since 1980, he has spent the summers at YMCA Camp Belknap, including a 24-season run as Waterfront Director and now as Executive Adviser to the Directors. Since 1999, Dr. Thurber has served on the faculty of Phillips Exeter Academy, as a clinician, teacher, and researcher. A favorite keynote presenter at national and international conferences, Dr. Thurber has delivered innovative workshops on five continents and enjoyed media appearances on more than twenty television and radio shows. He lives with his wife, Simonida, and their two boys, Dacha [born 2002] and Sava [born 2004], in Exeter, New Hampshire.
Tweets & Trends
- Discussing "Father's Day," with award-winning professional filmmaker, @DavidMConley3, in the WPEA studios… https://t.co/G29UjihEEB
- Amazing discussions with award-winning professional filmmaker @DavidMConley3 at @PhillipsExeter. More hard-hitting… https://t.co/2cGV2Mnb3K
- "Safe Touch & Safe Talk for Kids & Staff" live webinar at 4pm ET. Register here for this special live event brought… https://t.co/H3UYEInB0u
- Fired up for "Gender and Stereotypes at Camp" with Maine Summer Camps https://t.co/nzkLmtYz7b @Campsinmaine… https://t.co/VGt4YsvERf
- RT @ExpOnTraining: How can youth leaders establish smart boundaries for healthy child-staff relationships? Don't miss TOMORROW's webinar/li…